The leadership of the Conservative Masorti movement in the US and Worldwide is seeking an experienced campaign professional to share and execute an effective campaign to increase representation of the MERCAZ party in the 39th World Zionist Congress. This Congress is of great importance as it determines the direction and priorities of the World Zionist Organization (WZO) for five years to follow, including allocation of funds across the Jewish world. MERCAZ is dedicated to fighting for pluralistic, liberal and democratic values in Israeli society at this critical moment in Israel’s history. The Campaign Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, overseeing and providing general direction for the campaign election held in Spring, 2005.
The position will report to the Chief Movement Strategy Officer of the Rabbinical Assembly (RA), Rabbi Ashira Konigsburg, and work closely with the MERCAZ USA Executive Director, Sarrae Crane. The MERCAZ USA campaign has full support of a joint steering committee of key institutions from the Conservative Masorti movement.
- Work closely with leadership of Conservative Masorti organizations and US constituencies to obtain maximum votes for the MERCAZ slate
- Develop and execute a detailed campaign plan (with specific tasks, timeline and deliverables) that adheres to WZO and American Zionist Movement (AZM) regulations
- Manage the campaign budget
- Construct and supervise a team of communications and regional staff to execute the campaign plan
- Oversee campaign messaging and communications operation
- Oversee development and execution of a broad field organizing effort that leverages movement congregations and institutions to maximize voter turnout, including development of plug-and-play resources and tactics for local campaign captains
- Share expertise with the Executive Director of MERCAZ Olami and worldwide regional steering committees for MERCAZ elections outside the US
- Provide regular progress reports on campaign performance
- Experience in political campaigns in a field organizing capacity – equivalent to Field Director on a Congressional or RFD on a state-level campaign
- Demonstrated hands-on political operator and manager of staff and volunteers
- Detail-oriented with strong personal initiative
- Data management, tracking and reporting demonstrated skills and experience
- Knowledge of the Conservative Masorti movement in the US, its organizations and leaders, as well as familiarity with the World Zionist Congress
- Understanding and experience with political communications is a plus
The Campaign Manager is a full-time position with a salary of $65-$75k per annum plus benefits starting immediately with an anticipated end date of May, 2025, upon conclusion of the election campaign.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].