Uploading with Fetch
If you are using a Macintosh, you may want to use Fetch, a popular program for FTP. It is available here.
Using Fetch to upload files to the USCJ server:
- Start Fetch
- Fill in the blanks with the appropriate information:
- Host: uscj.org
- User ID: logon from USCJ
- Password: password from USCJ
- Transfer the local file(s) to the remote directory:
- Select either text (for html files) or binary (for image files)
- Click on the Put button
- Select the file name from the list in the dialog box
- Another box will appear with the file name in it
- For an html file, Fetch may add .txt to the end of the file name. Remove this, leaving the file name ending in .html
- For a binary file, the file type (in the box underneath the file name) should be set to "raw data". Click in the box showing the file type and select "raw data" from the drop-down list.
- When the file is transfered sucessfully, you will see it in the remote file list.
- Exit Fetch
You now can test your web page. Start your favorite web browser and open the URL for your web page to see what it looks like live.