Sulam for Current Leaders
Do you want to launch a leadership program but wonder how to start?
Sulam for Current Leaders (SCL) is a leadership development program of the United Synagogue that supports purposeful, energized and sustainable kehillot (congregations). SCL offers a six session program that encourages kehilla leaders to assess their current situation while enabling them to imagine the leadership community they seek to become. Equally important, SCL provides new ideas, approaches and practices to reach a higher level of leadership, fulfillment and engagement. Part of a whole system of leadership programs, USCJ’s Sulam Leadership team and kehilla relationship managers will work with local leaders to identify their kehilla’s readiness to take the next step up the Sulam training ladder.
Overview of the Program Pillars
SCL builds a leadership foundation on the following 5 pillars:
- Reflection - Self-assessment of current leadership situation and succession plans.
- Leadership Readings - Articles, webinars, bibliography, blogs, web-based resources on leadership concepts and practices.
- Experiential Learning - Interactive 90 minute workshops create an interactive experience where leaders learn leadership principles together. Sessions integrate biblical leadership texts and contemporary leadership exercises.
- Action Planning - Leadership learning leads to a desire to initiate experiments and to implement new practices. Participants move from reflection to action.
- Sulam Learning Network - Kehilla leaders become part of a larger network of leadership improvement and change.
For more information, please contact Rabbi Charles Savenor, Director of Kehilla Enrichment, at 212-533-7800 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.