Sulam for Current Leaders
Do you want to launch a leadership program but wonder how to start?
Sulam for Current Leaders (SCL) is a leadership development program of the United Synagogue that supports purposeful, energized and sustainable kehillot (congregations). SCL offers a six session program that encourages kehilla leaders to assess their current situation while enabling them to imagine the leadership community they seek to become. Equally important, SCL provides new ideas, approaches and practices to reach a higher level of leadership, fulfillment and engagement. Part of a whole system of leadership programs, USCJ’s Sulam Leadership team and kehilla relationship managers will work with local leaders to identify their kehilla’s readiness to take the next step up the Sulam training ladder.
The SCL Action Community
Sulam for Current Leaders “Action Community” is a pilot cohort of kehillot (congregations) that will take the steps of developing a strategic leadership community and a more effective board together. In addition to the resources available to our Learning Community, this group of SCL action leadership teams will receive in-person training, coaching and assistance to collect and analyze data, then develop and implement a leadership development plan. The benefits of being in this cohort will come from high level learning, following a timeline and a schedule for action, sharing insights and best practices, getting peer feedback, and supporting one another through this exciting process.
Overview of the Program Pillars
SCL builds a leadership foundation on the following 5 pillars:
- Reflection - Self-assessment of current leadership situation and succession plans.
- Leadership Readings - Articles, webinars, bibliography, blogs, web-based resources on leadership concepts and practices.
- Experiential Learning - Interactive 90 minute workshops create an interactive experience where leaders learn leadership principles together. Sessions integrate biblical leadership texts and contemporary leadership exercises.
- Action Planning - Leadership learning leads to a desire to initiate experiments and to implement new practices. Participants move from reflection to action.
- Sulam Learning Network - Kehilla leaders become part of a larger network of leadership improvement and change.
For more information, please contact us at 212-533-7800 or via email at email@example.com.