||Assistant Regional Youth Director - Hagalil USY
||The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism – USY is looking for a dynamic, outgoing person to serve as Assistant Regional Youth Director for the Hagalil region of United Synagogue Youth (USY). This is a full-time position based out of our Edison NJ office, with travel on a regular basis to visit affiliated congregations in the region (evening and weekend commitments). The candidate must be able to interact and enjoy working with middle and high school students and serve as a Conservative Jewish role model. The ideal candidate must have a degree from a four year college or university and a demonstrated knowledge of Judaism. Experience in leading youth groups and programs in a non-profit organization or any equivalent is preferred. The candidate must be committed to an observant Conservative Jewish lifestyle. This is an exciting opportunity to work with teens and help them develop as leaders. Must have a driver’s license and a car.
||Assistant Regional Youth Director - HaNegev USY
||Seeking full-time Assistant Regional Youth Director for HaNegev USY & Kadima. Position will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of HaNegev programming, outreach, and leadership training, grades 6-12. Person will serve as coordinator for all Kadima activities 6 – 8 grade.
Candidates should have:
• Clear understanding of the Conservative Judaism movement and its religious responsibilities, as well as of USY and Kadima.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with chapter staff throughout HaNegev, lay management and youth.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently.
• Ability to organize, complete multiple tasks, pay close attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
• Computer skills and social media knowledge.
• Experience in leading youth groups and programs in a non-profit organization, or any equivalent combination of experience and training, that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Vivian Lewis Director of Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter Assistant Regional Youth Director for Southeast Region in the subject line.
||Regional Youth Director, EMTZA
||This position functions as a key staff member of USCJ's Central District, supervising and supporting the day to day operations of United Synagogue Youth (USY) and Kadima activities in the EMTZA youth region. The Regional Youth Director will report to a supervisor from the international office and consult with the Central District Kehilla Relationship Manager (KRM) and the regional youth commission chair.
The duties of the Regional Youth Director include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as head of Youth Department in the youth region
- Responsible for effective and efficient administration of regional youth programs
- Develop and monitor budget in cooperation with supervisor and lay leadership
- Work to retain and affiliate USY/Kadima members and chapters in the region.
- Work with kehillot to strengthen their youth programs
- Promote and monitor all aspects of youth programming, with special attention to Jewish identity, learning and skills
- Develop and run regional youth programs and conventions
- Organize and oversee regional participation in USY International Convention
- Promote and recruit for USCJ youth programs, including USY Israel Pilgrimage, USY on Wheels, Nativ, etc.
- Assist and train congregational youth personnel
- Oversee and train regional youth leadership
- Identify and cultivate potential funding sources
- Represent USY, USCJ, and Conservative Movement in the community
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with local community organizations
- Work with other arms of the Conservative Movement in the region.
- Uphold and have an understanding of the positions, policies, and services of United Synagogue’s youth programs, and the Conservative Movement
- Communicate regularly and effectively with lay and professional youth leadership of each affiliated kehilla
- Assist congregations in youth personnel placement
- Monitor compliance with standards as related to USY/Kadima
- Develop, organize and deliver programs, services and training by providing guidance in training youth leaders in Jewish values and leadership techniques
- Oversee USY Officers, Regional Board, and committees
- Must be an observant Conservative Jew
- Must be a regular attendee of a Conservative Movement kehilla
- Must demonstrate a commitment to Conservative Jewish living
- Must have a commitment to personal growth and ongoing education
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license
- Must be able to travel on regular basis to visit affiliated congregations in region. This includes evening and weekend responsibilities as determined and agreed upon by lay and professional supervisors
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum – degree from four year college or university
- Demonstrated knowledge of Judaism
- Preferred – advanced training in a field that will enhance director’s ability to be a greater service to youth and youth programs
- Experience in leading youth groups and programs in a non-profit organization or any equivalent
- Must have a minimum of three to five years’ experience working in related fields
- Combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is a plus.
As an employer, United Synagogue offers you:
The EMTZA Regional Youth Director will work from a home office in the USCJ Central District. Possible locations include Kansas City, Minneapolis–Saint Paul, St. Louis.
- The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism offers all full-time employees a compensation and benefit package
- Assistance, resources and tools provided by senior team and lay leadership to assure success
- Opportunity for growth
- Employment by a stable organization with offices and employees throughout the United States and Canada.
If interested in this career path, please submit a resume, along with cover letter stating core compensation requirements online through the Jewish Jobs website.